Electrical Fire Emergency Recovery!
Fire damaged kitchen.
Don’t let an electrical fire inflict significant damage on your home and belongings! Our SERVPRO of Freehold team was called out to a local home which had a fire originating in the kitchen due to an electrical spark. Excessive soot and smoke overtook the majority of the one-level property. Upon arrival, our fire experts started an inventory of damaged contents and prepared a plan of action to clean and restore the home to a pre-fire condition. Carpet, drywall, insulation, appliances and cabinets needed to be removed, soot stained walls were wiped, and remaining stud walls were thermal fogged to remove any lingering fire smells. The tile floor was heavily covered in a dense layer of soot and needed to be given an extensive cleaning. The homeowner was amazed with the resulting clean floor and could not believe it had been restored as if the fire never happened!
Ever so grateful for the quick response and professional cleaning from SERVPRO of Freehold, the homeowner let us know she would recommend us to all her friends and family! In the instance fire affects your home or business, call us at 732-431-4440: our SERVPRO expert fire team will have your recovery covered!
Being Prompt After a Fire is the Key to Safety
Damage from a fire.
A fire in your home or work space can get out of hand if it’s not attended to quickly.
Commercial fire damage can come in the form of lingering smoke, soot damage, and smoke damage. It’s important to take serious action in the event that a fire spreads from the home to the business. The number one thing to do is respond as fast as possible. Though you may be in complete shock after viewing the damage, it is important to shift your focus towards finding a solution before it becomes an even bigger problem. The steps to bringing your space back to life after the fire needs to happen quickly. As a home or business owner, it is critical to follow these steps in the event of a fire.
Acting quick with the help of a restoration company can be crucial in the event of a fire. The damage to the space can be less severe if a board is up. Being prompt can help the owner stay in business. It truly shows the character of a restoration business that is helping the owner get back on their feet by completing everything in a quick manner. They understand how important it is to get it running again, no matter what kind of damages occurred. The customers will also realize this and be very appreciative of it. An owner that works closely with a restoration company that specializes in responding to damage after a fire is one that puts their employees and customers before anything else. This shows they can truly overcome any obstacle that might arise in their business.
A fire doesn’t have to be huge to make an impact; any size fire can be harmful. It’s very easy for a fire to spread, which can cause smoke and soot damage. Smoke smell can travel from one area to another in just a few seconds. This is why it is so important for the owner to contact fire restoration and cleanup as soon as they realize the problem. They will learn that many other issues arise from commercial fires. The smoke smell is so strong that if it gets into any kind of inventory, it will make it nearly impossible to sell again. Not only will this ruin the inventory, it will also turn customers away from the strong smell. Fire damage restoration and cleanup should begin with a board up then analyze the other parts of the property. Contracts with restoration companies are crucial when it comes to help with problems such as smoke smell, fire cleanup and a board up.
An owner of a company can exhibit their leadership qualities by knowing what to do in the situation of a fire. A fast response to a big problem can show the leadership qualities to the rest of the employees and motivate them follow in the same footsteps. “Leaders aren’t self-made; they are driven” as stated in entrepreneur.com by Arnold Schwarzenegger. A fire is the time to step up and take that initiative as a boss to be the leader of your business. Display what should be expected from everyone in your business. Having the damages cleaned up immediately by a restoration company will avoid the risk of any long-term damage to your employees, property and surroundings.
Fire Spreads Quickly
The damage to the house.
Fire has the unique ability to spread rapidly and cause an enormous amount of damage. In light of recent wildfires in the west, it is important to remember many structures can be restored with proper remediation efforts. The restoration team at SERVPRO of Freehold is always ready to respond to home or business owners who have suffered a loss due to fire.
This damage resulted after a lawn mower caught on fire right outside the house. The owners were not at home at the time and the damage was extensive as the fire spread from the machine to the house very quickly. Our SERVPRO team was able to assess the site quickly and began remediation efforts immediately. Inside, the team removed sheetrock, removed affected contents, and performed smoke and soot remediation. HEPA vacuuming, deep cleaning of remaining materials and air purification were also performed after the demolition. Water from the fire department was removed via extraction and our effective drying equipment. After a building affected by fire is thoroughly cleaned, it is ready for our building services crew to repair the structure.
Fire and Water Restoration
The kitchen after restoration.
Fire and water combined cause a seemingly catastrophic situation. Our SERPVRO of Freehold team was called following a kitchen fire to help this apartment building get their tenants back in their units. Our professional cleaning staff worked their magic in 24 hours to extract and dry the water damage before our construction department replaced the sheetrock, kitchen cabinets, painted the walls and finished the floors within 2 weeks. The property manager was thrilled with the results and the tenants were able to move back quickly. Small kitchen fires can cause an incredible amount of damage in a short span of time in an apartment building when the sprinkler systems go off. There were over 5 units in the building, including the main hallway which were flooded following this unit’s fire loss. Our SERVPRO water experts are always ready to respond to an apartment complex which has a large scale loss due to fire.