Recent Storm Damage Posts
To the Rescue after A Hurricane!
Our crew assisting the cleanup process after a hurricane.
After Hurricane Florence caused severe flooding and wind damage to the Carolinas, our professional SERVPRO team headed south from New Jersey to assist with the recovery effort. Many homes had suffered from roof damage due to the high wind speed. Other homes were damaged from the seepage of floodwater which was heavily soiled with contaminants. A vast majority of structures needed extensive interior demolition while those with extreme structural damage were scheduled for complete demolition at a later time.
Our SERVPRO team started work immediately, removing wet materials such as drywall, trim, insulation, hardwood floor, carpet, padding and vinyl. They sprayed antimicrobial to prevent unwanted microbial growth and placed drying equipment to remove moisture from the remaining structural components. Once the structures were dry in three days, customers were able to schedule needed repairs quickly.
Due to our dedication to excellence, our SERVPRO team is always ready to mobilize to regions hit by natural disasters. We have the experience, tools, vehicle fleet and trained personnel to master the completion of dozens of mitigation jobs, no matter how large or small. Don’t be surprised to see us on the road; SERVPRO of Freehold- “Faster to Any Disaster!”
Heavy Rain Affected Home in Atlantic Highlands
Flooded basement in Atlantic Highlands.
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many moreWe were onsite within an hour to inspect the damage and to begin the water extraction process. In less than four days we had the basement dry. We use advanced inspection and monitoring equipment to determine your home’s structure is actually dry. We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- If water damage is not handled quickly and properly, it can cause severe damage to your home’s structure not to mention the potential harmful health effects of mold. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
- The flooding in this Howell home was caused by heavy rain runoff. Howell had received over several inches of rain that week and it overwhelmed the system.
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- We have advanced inspection and extraction equipment
- Have Questions? Call Us Today – We’re Here To Help - 732-431-4440
Protecting Your Home in Extreme Cold
Ice from the ceiling!
As temperatures have approached record lows for the northeast region, it is important home and business owners take steps to protect their structures from the extreme weather. Frozen pipes can lead to breakage, damaging personal property and essential heating systems which can create a major disaster at your home or property.
Be sure to keep all living spaces at a minimum low of 50 degrees Fahrenheit to prevent pipes from freezing. Frozen pipes are often those exposed to the cold weather, such as those outside your house, or in cold areas such as basements, attics or garages. A frozen pipe can burst due to the backflow pressure between the blockage and water source. Some additional prevention methods include:
- Draining pools, sprinkler lines, and shutting off the water source to outside spigots.
-Opening kitchen cabinets to let warm air reach the pipes beneath.
-Daily use of faucets whose source might come from an outside pipe.
In the event of a winter weather emergency, our SERVPRO team is always ready to respond to quickly get your property back to normal! Give us a call 24/7 at 732-431-4440.
Always Here to Help!
Importance of Cleaning up After Storm Surge
The home after demolition following an ocean storm.
After this extremely active Atlantic Ocean hurricane season, it is important to understand how to calmly react to the tremendous damage which is left after a storm.
This photo was taken after the demolition of a flooded house in Manasquan, NJ. Our SERVPRO crew was called immediately after ocean surge flooded this home within a block of the beach. Our team responded on the scene within an hour. During inspection, the crew determined all of the drywall and insulation needed to be removed as well as most of the flooring due to the contamination of the ocean water. The remaining stud beams and subfloor were sprayed with an anti-microbial solution to kill any lingering contaminants. Drying equipment was placed to remove any additional moisture to prevent further damage and/or the formation of mold.
Large floods are never too difficult for our SERVPRO of Freehold team as it is imperative to clean and dry the extensive moisture the water deposits into the structure. When dealing with a loss from storm surge, it is imperative to contact your local SERVPRO to properly clean and restore your property "Like it never even happened."