Broken Kitchen Supply Line
Water can travel everywhere when a leak occurs.
When a broken supply line breaks, water will travel far and wide inside a structure. This home in Old Bridge just had a new kitchen installed. After investigating the extent of the damage, it appeared that the cabinets may have not been affected; however once we opened them up, we found the evidence they were in fact, wet. Since the homeowners called SERVPRO right away, we were able to save the cabinets in time. Clear out any locations where water can accumulate and dry out as much as you can. Please be sure to be safe and make sure any appliances that are plugged in are removed to prevent electrocution. Safety is the number one priority of our SERVPRO team; it prevents dangerous situations for them and the customers as well.
Mold Under The Wall Paper
Mold can easily form without your knowledge.
This homeowner did not realize the mold which was under the wallpaper after he bought this house in Waldwick NJ. He called us in to remediate the house so that his pregnant wife and family could move in before the holidays.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 732-431-4440
Floors were Saved After a Water Loss
The wood floor was saved using drying mats.
When this 3 story Rumson home was flooded, the insurance agent said he did not think we could save the floors. He was surprised that we saved every floor and we did not have to make the homeowners move out to demo. The insurance company and the homeowner were thrilled with the work our folks did.
SERVPRO of Freehold is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 732-431-4440
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Freehold has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Freehold
SERVPRO of Freehold specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event.
Sprinkler Break in Edison
Contents were moved to clean up the water.
The sprinkler broke and damaged 25 offices in EDISON NJ. We had them up and running in less than a month. Allison was so happy with how quickly we responded and deployed a team of SERVPRO staff who showed up on a Sunday to get her packed up and moved out to temporary storage and office space.
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Freehold
SERVPRO of Freehold specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Heavy Rain Affected Home in Atlantic Highlands
Flooded basement in Atlantic Highlands.
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many moreWe were onsite within an hour to inspect the damage and to begin the water extraction process. In less than four days we had the basement dry. We use advanced inspection and monitoring equipment to determine your home’s structure is actually dry. We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- If water damage is not handled quickly and properly, it can cause severe damage to your home’s structure not to mention the potential harmful health effects of mold. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
- The flooding in this Howell home was caused by heavy rain runoff. Howell had received over several inches of rain that week and it overwhelmed the system.
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- We have advanced inspection and extraction equipment
- Have Questions? Call Us Today – We’re Here To Help - 732-431-4440
What to Do When a Basement Floods
It's important to remove standing water quickly.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Freehold provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Freehold arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 732-431-4440
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Freehold
SERVPRO of Freehold specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Point Pleasant High School Water Line Break
Classroom after the water loss.
When Point Pleasant High school suffered a water main break on the 4th floor flooding out 3 class rooms, they called SERVPRO of Freehold to dry things out. Our team was able to remediate the damage all while working around classrooms in session in the rest of the building. Our certified ASD water professionals were on site within 1 hour to set up containment and place equipment along with air scrubbers to assure that students were provided with a safe environment.
Rest assured that when your municipal township or local school district calls on SERVPRO of Freehold, we will be on site quickly to stabilize and restore their buildings.
SERPVRO of Freehold is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week to handle the largest and most complex water restoration project. Call us anytime at 732-431-4440.
Fire Spreads Quickly
The damage to the house.
Fire has the unique ability to spread rapidly and cause an enormous amount of damage. In light of recent wildfires in the west, it is important to remember many structures can be restored with proper remediation efforts. The restoration team at SERVPRO of Freehold is always ready to respond to home or business owners who have suffered a loss due to fire.
This damage resulted after a lawn mower caught on fire right outside the house. The owners were not at home at the time and the damage was extensive as the fire spread from the machine to the house very quickly. Our SERVPRO team was able to assess the site quickly and began remediation efforts immediately. Inside, the team removed sheetrock, removed affected contents, and performed smoke and soot remediation. HEPA vacuuming, deep cleaning of remaining materials and air purification were also performed after the demolition. Water from the fire department was removed via extraction and our effective drying equipment. After a building affected by fire is thoroughly cleaned, it is ready for our building services crew to repair the structure.
Protecting Your Home in Extreme Cold
Ice from the ceiling!
As temperatures have approached record lows for the northeast region, it is important home and business owners take steps to protect their structures from the extreme weather. Frozen pipes can lead to breakage, damaging personal property and essential heating systems which can create a major disaster at your home or property.
Be sure to keep all living spaces at a minimum low of 50 degrees Fahrenheit to prevent pipes from freezing. Frozen pipes are often those exposed to the cold weather, such as those outside your house, or in cold areas such as basements, attics or garages. A frozen pipe can burst due to the backflow pressure between the blockage and water source. Some additional prevention methods include:
- Draining pools, sprinkler lines, and shutting off the water source to outside spigots.
-Opening kitchen cabinets to let warm air reach the pipes beneath.
-Daily use of faucets whose source might come from an outside pipe.
In the event of a winter weather emergency, our SERVPRO team is always ready to respond to quickly get your property back to normal! Give us a call 24/7 at 732-431-4440.
Always Here to Help!
Do Not Let Sewage Turn into Mold
Mold from a sewage loss.
Left untreated, the moisture and bacteria from a sewage loss may cause microbial growth. Our SERVPRO team has experience with remediating a loss in which sewage was left untreated, causing mold to form on the drywall and floor. In such an instance, all flooring, drywall, doors and trim must be removed. Dehumidifiers are placed and remaining stud beams, subfloor, and stationary objects are cleaned and sanitized.
In an effort to prevent the timely remediation of mold, a sewage loss must be mitigated immediately. Our team of SERVPRO professionals are trained to extract and clean the discharge from the area before placing drying equipment to remove any remaining moisture. Faster to any disaster, SERVPRO of Freehold is always ready to take on even the largest sewage losses.