Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Teamwork is the Key to Our Success
No matter what business you work in, teamwork and proper ethics are essential to running a successful business. Here at SERVPRO of Freehold, our team is fortunate to have a warm, yet effective working relationship with each other. Considering we are an emergency business, it is imperative communication is clear between the office, field technicians and project managers. During a surge in business due to a disaster event, proper communication and execution allow our franchise to respond to more calls efficiently.
One of our greatest strengths here at SERVPRO of Freehold is the camaraderie shared within our entire staff. The positive relationship amongst each other provides a pleasant working experience which is then passed on to our customers throughout the day. Evidence of our work environment radiates throughout our business and the communities we serve; the office staff receives numerous complements about our chief technicians on a regular basis. Visit our testimonial page to see what our customers say about SERVPRO of Freehold in action!
Wallpaper Can Hold Moisture
Moisture can cause mold to form in areas hidden to home owners.
Water leaks and moisture are not always present in areas which are visible to home and business owners. Over time, slow leaks and high levels of humidity can cause mold to form under floors, behind walls and in air ducts. SERVPRO of Freehold’s expertly trained water mitigation technicians were called out to a home which had a water loss due to a broken sprinkler head. Once the crew started to remove the wallpaper, they realized mold had formed after a former slow leak from the air conditioning system.
This room looks like it's fine but a closer inspection shows mold is growing under the wall paper. If your walls are wet and the wall paper remains in place, it can act as a vapor barrier preventing the drying process from occurring. Chances are the insulation behind the wall is also affected. Water will wick up a wall 1" per hour for the first 12 hours.
SERVPRO of Freehold is always ready to take care of homes and businesses affected by disaster. Call us at 732-431-4440, 24 hours a day, and seven days a week.
Clean Water Correctly the First Time
Cleaning a water loss properly prevents mold growth.
Always make sure you hire a company who has the expertise to properly remediate a water loss. SERVPRO of Freehold was called in after another restoration company failed to dry this home out properly. Instead of just mitigating a water loss, our team was charged with performing an entire home mold remediation as the wet materials were not properly dried following the initial damage. Our SERVPRO crew makes sure to spend a lot of time when they inspect the wet areas using appropriate meters to verify those areas are dry. We encourage our customers to understand the drying process so they can be confident that a job is being done correctly. If drywall is still wet after 3 days, chances are you need to remove the material at that point.
SERVPRO is always ready to take care of homes and businesses affected by disaster. Call us at 732-431-4440, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Mold Under The Wall Paper
Mold can easily form without your knowledge.
This homeowner did not realize the mold which was under the wallpaper after he bought this house in Waldwick NJ. He called SERVPRO of Freehold in to remediate the house so that his pregnant wife and family could move in before the holidays.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 732-431-4440
What to Do When a Basement Floods
It's important to remove standing water quickly.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Freehold provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Freehold arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 732-431-4440
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Freehold
SERVPRO of Freehold specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Time for a SERVPRO Duct Cleaning
Our Duct Truck
As we are nearing the middle of fall, it is important to highlight the necessity of having a duct cleaning for each HVAC system in your structure. Throughout the year, dust, mold and various toxins can build within the duct system and cause the air quality in the structure to become compromised. Our SERVPRO of Freehold cleaning team is specially trained and equipped to perform this essential service for residential or commercial properties. In addition to the standard duct work, our crew will also clean out clothing dryer vent systems as these are often overlooked and are the source of many destructive fires every year.
It is SERVPRO of Freehold's mission to prevent mold, fire and water damage wherever possible. Duct cleaning services give our team members the ability to inspect the duct work for damage or microbial contamination. If such damage is discovered, it can be rectified quickly and clean air can be filtered through the structure once again due to a cleaned and repaired HVAC system.